Monday, May 14, 2012

YOUR CHILDREN DAD

Good Morning, Mighty Woman of God!

I hope that everyone had a very beautiful Mother's Day.  I speak blessings of peace upon your life and that you are prosperous in Jesus name. 

Our message today is about your children.  Being a mother is a huge responsibility and a lot of times we are raising our children as single parents.  We are trying to hold down a 9-5 job and possibly have to help with homework.  The teachers responsibility is not to raise your child, it is to teach them.

I want to talk to the mother's that are raising their children with a stepfather in the house.  First of all, I believe that some men are fathers and some are daddy's.  The difference is a father is the one that helped give birth to the child.  A dad is the one that is actually in the household raising the child.  If you are married and your husband is not the father of your child you have to allow him the opportunity to help raise your child.  Your child should be both of your responsibility.  I think that there are a lot of mother's that don't allow their new husband to punish the child because he is not the father.  I feel that this is unfair and it will cause a split in the household.  You have to trust your husband to make decision concerning his stepchild.

I will tell you what I did in my single mother situation.  I used to call myself a single married parent. The reason is because I had my son by my first husband and he was not around to help me with my son.  We were divorced and he lived out of state.  I agreed that my son would visit him every summer, therefore they do have a relationship today.  My daughters father was not around so I raised her by myself.  Now I am at my third marriage and I didn't let him help me raise the two children I had already had.  I wasn't used to that, I was used to being a single parent.  Anything that went wrong my husband would come to me.  If I needed help with something, I would ask him to help me.  Now, when my third husband passed away, I had a six year old son and when I remarried I decided to let my husband help me raise him.  My six year old calls him dad because of the fact that his dad passed away at a young age.  My son will never calls his dad, stepdad.  It took me a while to let my husband participant in the raising of my son but I trust him to do the right thing.  Now my son is 13 years old and I don't know what I would do if I had not allowed my husband to help raise him.  He is growing into a young man and only a man can help with that part.  My husband does a great job raising my son and teaching him about how to be a man.  At first I used to listen in on conversations, to make sure that he was doing the right thing or wasn't treating my son badly.  He passed the test.

Through all of this, my point is that if you have married someone that is not your child's biological father, you are one flesh now, and you have to trust him to help you raise your child.  This will make a two parent household.  You will find that your life will be much easier because you are not going against God's will.  God's plan is for children to be with their parents, be raised in a two parent household.  My first two children were raised in a two parent household but I didn't allow my husband to make any decisions concerning their lives.  This was not right.  LET US PRAY

Heavenly Father, I give you praise on honor on today.  You are the Lord of Lord's and the King of Kings.  Lord, I ask that you help me to trust my husband enough to raise our children.  Lord, I pray that you give us both strength, wisdom and knowledge on how to raise our children and you be gloried in our household, in Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment