Wednesday, July 31, 2013

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME

Good morning, my sisters in Christ Jesus.  I'm back!  I know that you will be blessed by the Lord's message on today.
 
(Philippians 2:3-8), Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves; Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.  Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equally with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.  And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death even death on a cross.
 
The first I read was titled, "Servantude".  I am going to give you a piece of that article that God has given to me. Servantude in a marriage means that the husband and wife intentionally cultivate the spirit that they find greater satisfaction in bringing benefit to their partner than to themselves.  There was also a message for parenting and employees on their job.  I am going to talk about the marriage part today.
 
I am expected something really big from God.  I have to decided to do whatever it takes to receive God's best for me, my family and my ministry.  Well, as I read the section in the magazine on marriage, God told me that he needs for me to plant that scripture in my heart.  I never pretend to be all that nor do I say to myself that I have arrived at where God needs for me to be.  Anyway, as soon as I read that scripture, the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart concerning my husband.  He told me that I need to treat my husband better than myself.  He also said that I need to get to the point where it will bring me joy to see my husband happy.  I have been mistreated so many times when I put my heart on the line in friendships or relationships, therefore, I only allow to give a little bit of me and refuse to let anyone get pass that imaginary wall of mine.
 
The Holy Spirit pierce my spirit and told me that the blessing I am waiting for lied within the way that I treat my husband.  This is my response to God.  Lord, you are asking me for something really big.  You want me to give my whole heart, which I am not use to doing with anyone.  You are asking to trust with all my heart.  You are asking me to walk a tightrope that I cannot walk.  Lord you can ask of me anything else, but please, not the walls that I have spent many of years building.  Lord, what you are asking is so hard, but I will do it.  Lord, what if my heart gets stepped on, crushed, and torn?  God's answer to me was, "Trust me".
 
When my husband and I first got married I used to make sure that all of his clothes where folded in certain drawers all the time.  Also, I would make his plate and bring it to him.  Somewhere along the line, I stopped doing those small things.  He never mentioned anything to me, but I would watch as he sifted through his drawers looking for items.  While in my praise and worship time with the Lord, I went through my husband's drawers and put everything together, including matching the socks.  Yesterday, I did something so nice for him.  I could see and feel that my husband was very happy.  I smiled all day.  I thank the Lord for helping me to understand that I should feel joy, in bringing joy to my husband, and I did.  I intentionally put my husband's needs before my own.  Never in a million years did I think that I would be blessed with joy in my heart.  PRAISE GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment