Tuesday, January 14, 2014

SMITE THEM ALL!

Good morning, my sisters in Christ Jesus.  Today's message will probably make you laugh a little bit.  Everyone needs a good laugh now and then.  And sometimes when even need to hear that someone else has gone through the same thing or even thought the same way that you did.
 
(Prov. 24:17), do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice, or the Lord will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from him.  (Luke 20:42-43), David himself declares in the Book of Psalms:  "The Lord said to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet".
 
I did not know that the closer I got to Christ the closer my enemies were to me. In other words, I did not expect certain people in my circle of friends to become my enemies.
 
So here I am crying because people are talking behind my back.  "She thinks she's all that.  Now she thinks she's too good for us".  I am such a people person and I think that I am easy to get along with.  But now here I am crying because of my so-called friends.  My prayer at that time went a little bit like this.  "Lord, smite them, smite them all Lord.  They are talking about me and you said that you would smite my enemies, so begin smiting.  Lord you said you would make my enemies my footstool".  I actually had a vision of me standing on a pile of bodies, with this Hercules stand and my cape flowing in the air. 
 
Well needless to say, my enemies were not smited nor did I stand on that tall hill of bodies for my footstool.  What I did get from my Father in Heaven was this, "How dare you even think that you are better than any one of my children.  How dare you not show them the same compassion that I have shown you.  How dare you even think that they don't deserve the same love that I have shown you.  I did not smite you, I sent my Son to Save you."  That was the day that I learned the difference between love and compassion.  I was very surprised when the Lord told me that I did not have compassion for a certain individual.  And I had to ask for forgiveness and a spirit of compassion.
 
Love is always easy, when your are returning exactly what you receive.  Compassion is much more difficult because no matter what someone has done to you, you still have compassion on them.  Even though that person has treated you horrible, compassion says, love them anyway.  You see, not only did Jesus Christ love us enough to die on the cross for ALL of us, He also showed compassion when we did not show compassion towards Him.  Compassion says, "I will love you in spite of your actions towards me.  Compassion says, "I will not treat you like you have treated me.  Compassion says, "I will die for you, even though you don't deserve it".  Compassion never laughs or get happy when the very person that treated you wrong, is suffering through some issues.  Compassion, goes to that very same person and say, "Is there anything that I can do for you?"
 
I have had a woman talk about me to so many people and she did that everyday, in front of my face.  I don't know why but she did.  One day she comes to me and say, "I beat you thought that I would be the last person to ask you for prayer".  I said, "You're right.  Give me a few moments then come back".   The Lord sent her to me and now it was not about me, but about the love of God and that woman.  The reason why I asked her to come back was that I had to pray and make sure that my heart was right.
 
Heavenly Father, please forgive me for my sins.  Create in me a clean heart and a righteous spirit  in Your sight.  Lord I thank you for loving me and showing me compassion when you died on the cross for me.  And Lord, even though I might not understand why things are happening the way that they are or why people are treating me the way that they are, teach me Lord how to always be compassionate.  In Jesus Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment