Thursday, October 30, 2014

HUG THE LITTLE GIRL WITHIN ME

Hello Ladies, I'm back.  Even though I don't post everyday, I am always praying for you.  There are a lot of names for me to call out so don't worry, God's got you.  God bless you and you'll love this devotional.

Today's devotional though is from a book titled, "When I'm on my knees" by Anita Corrine Donihue.

Dear Lord, hug the little girl within me - the little girl mistreated and abused.  Encircle me with Your everlasting arms.  Still my silent sobs.  Anoint my head with Your healing oil; free me from nightmares of memories.  Touch my scars with You healing stripes.  Soothe each muscle that suffered in anger and pain.  I know You suffered, too.  Piece together my broken heart.  Your hear bled and You died for me.  In sleepless nights, wrap me in Your comforting presence.  Let me rest in the shadow of You, the Almighty.  Hug the little girl in me as you cover me with Your feathers like a mother hen does her chicks.  I find refuge under Your wings.  Help me to face yesterday (wrong as it was), to forgive as You forgive me, and to look toward tomorrow with hope.  Your faithfulness will be my shield and rampart.  Le me not feel terror by night nor arrows that fly by day.  Take my weakness and grant me Your strength.  Make my feet swift at the dawning of a new day to do service for You.  I go now in praise.  But please, Lord, don't ever stop hugging me.

PRAISE GOD!

Heavenly Father, I pray that You forgive me for me sins.  Even the times that I don't talk or act like You are my Heavenly Father.  Lord thank you for hugging the little girl in me even when I don't pray daily.  Lord thank You for hugging the little girl in me, even when I don't think that I deserve to be hugged, in Jesus name, Amen.

If you enjoy reading the daily devotionals, you will enjoy by book titled, "Breaking Shackles" at www.createspace.com or www.amazon.com for less than $11.00.  Thank you for your contribution to Spiritual Growth for Women Ministry.

1 comment:

  1. many blessings to you ! thank you for your prayers and encouragement !

    ReplyDelete