Wednesday, July 10, 2013

YOUR FLOWER BED

Good morning, Mighty Woman of God!  My prayer that you are blessed by the Lord's message on today and that you find peace in His presence.
 
(Psalms 1:1-3), Blessed is the woman who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners, or sit in the seat of mockers.  But her delight is in the law of the Lord, and on her law she meditates day and night.  She is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.  Whatever she does prospers.
 
I have a small section in my yard that I want to make a flower bed. It's the perfect size and it is round, so it will look a little different.  Everyone on the block has some sort of flowers growing every year but our house.  The section where I want to plant the flower garden has a lot of weeds.  Every time I pull them up, they just keep growing back.  I thought that I started at the roots to dig up, but apparently I didn't dig deep enough.  So this is year two without my flower garden and a bunch of weeds.
 
Last year my son gave me a Mum plant for Mother's Day.  It was my favorite color (purple), and it smells very nice with soft purple pedals.  I place it on my fireplace for about a week, The Mum flower plant was growing so big in the house that I decided to plant it in my so-called flower bed garden.  I dug a hole and put miracle grow potting soil in the hole then carefully placed the plant in the ground then I covered it with the leftover dirt.  It did very well outside throughout the year, in fact it was still blooming in November.
 
Now it's the summer time and I was expecting to see my beautiful purple flower pedals and I have been waiting a long time.  What I realized is that the roots of the plant are being choked by the roots of the weeds that are still in that area.  Although I planted a healthy Mum flower plant in the garden it could not withstand the bad roots of the weeds.  In other words, the bad outweighed the good.
 
Woman of God, sometimes we think that we are planting ourselves among good people.  We try to surround ourselves around genuinely good people but sometimes we get caught up and realize that we planting ourselves among weeds and thorns.  People that don't have good intentions with us at all.  We stay around those people, thinking that they might change or we can change them, but the longer we stay in their presence or allow them to stay in our presence they are killing our roots.  They are choking the life out of us and slowly but surely our pedals will begin to die off and never grow back again.  You can be unevenly yoked with a spouse, friend or even a job and eventually the stronger person, place or things will take over the weaker one.
 
It's time for us women to get jealous over our own salvation and gifts of the Spirit of the Lord.  Hide them within our bosom. If you can get jealous over someone speaking to your man then you should be getting jealous over someone trying to still your joy and dry up all your roots.  Woman of God, it's time to say to yourself, "This part of my life, I'm following God's plans and purpose for my life".  Become the woman of God that He intended for you to become, Like a tree planted by streams of water, and planted firmly in Him.  PRAISE GOD FOR THAT AWESOME MESSAGE ON TODAY!
 
If you would like to purchase a copy of my book, "Spiritual Growth for Women - Breaking Shackles", visit www.amazon.com. If you are in need of prayer you can send me a message or call me personally at 678-629-3179.  God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment