Monday, May 28, 2012

CATCH ME WHEN I FALL

Good Morning, Mighty Woman of God!

I thank and praise God for you and the ministry daily.  Thank you for reading blogs.  I pray that each of you grow in the Lord and keep a close relationship with Christ.

I remember the day that I had to finally come clean with my parents about how bad my drug addiction had become.  I had a nice apartment, nice job and two children.   I was at work that day and the neighbor called and told me that people where throwing my stuff out of my apartment.  She also said that other people where taking stuff to their apartments.  I left work immediately only to find out that the sheriff had the right to go into my apartment and literally evict me.  Some of my furniture was already gone and so I had to focus on getting most of my children's items.

I called my best friend and she came to help me gather the rest of my belongings and put them in her car.  Now I had to confront my parents.  I had nowhere else to go and I needed to have a place for my children.  I didn't want my mother to know that I was addicted to cocaine so when we got to the house I just sat in my friends car crying.  She said, "what do you think will happen to your mother once you tell her?  Do you  think that she will die?"  I pondered on that for a moment and realized that she had helped me to get out of the car. 

Well after having a family intervention it was decided that I would admit myself into drug rehab and my oldest sister would take care of both my children.  My mother went through the process of admitting me into the center and then she left.  I never thought about how much it actually hurt her knowing that I was addicted to cocaine.  One thing that I do know is that she did not die when she found out.  She was there for me the whole way.  She did what mother's are supposed to do, "catch you when you fall."

Maybe you have fallen a little bit and don't want to ask for help.  I want you to know that no matter how hard you may have fallen, God will "catch you when you fall".  No matter how many times you fall, God will "catch you when you fall".  The only thing that you have to do is to lift up your hand to Him.  If your earthly mother will "catch you when you fall", how much more do you think that God will do the same.  If you are in a situation right now and things seem to be crumbling all around you, lift up your hand and grab a hold of Christ, He will "catch you when you fall".  LET US PRAY!

Heavenly Father, I thank you for always being here for me.  Lord, each time that I have fallen, you have always caught me.  Lord, I thank you for having mercy on me during the times that I have fallen.  I love you and adore you for all that you have done for me and are doing for me right now, in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment